Applications are now being sought for a Power of Women in Dairying scholarship from Australia to the World Dairy Expo at Madison in the US from October 3-7, 2017.
Applications close March 17, 2017.
The scholarship includes a generous contribution (between $4000 and $5000) to cover travel and accommodation expenses from Australia to the world’s biggest dairy show – the WDE in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Applicants need to be 21 years or older (and please note that this opportunity is not reserved only for young women – everyone is encouraged to apply)
- An application of up to 800 words needs to be tabled to Dianna Malcolm on email email@example.com
- The following questions should be addressed within the application:
- Why do you want to travel to the WDE?
- Who inspires you in the dairy industry and why?
- What would the trip bring to you individually or as a business, and please explain?
- Have you ever travelled to WDE before? And if so, can you please explain the impact it had on you, and how returning would further your career goals?
- The applicants will be shortlisted. Finalists will be interviewed by representatives of the POW panel before the winner is selected
- What you need:
- A valid passport
- To be able to travel to the US in October 2017
- The successful applicant will need to arrange their own travel insurance and pay for day to day expenses whilst on the trip
- A willingness to represent and attend functions at WDE on behalf of POW
- The successful applicant will be asked to give a short presentation on their trip at the next Power of Women in Dairying Function and will be asked to contribute their experience to a media release after the trip has concluded.
- In the event that something prevents the successful applicant from travelling to WDE in 2017, the Selection Committee may, at their discretion, nominate a reserve and that person may then attend.
For general enquiries contact:
Jade Sieben – 0407 377 114
Di Malcolm – 0419 483 763
Robyn Barber – 0418 656 082