Unique Valleystream Genetics is located in Rochester, Alberta – about an hour north of Edmonton. The farm was started 27 years ago by Dave & Tracy Morey, who now operate the farm with their children, Casey and Lee. The family milks about 300 purebred Jerseys with four Lely robots, and also have some Holsteins and Brown Swiss. Balanced cows in both type and production are the goal of the breeding program at the farm, ensuring that they have the most efficient cow without sacrificing longevity. They select bulls with combined Fat & Protein over 100 kgs and strong health traits. One of the most noteble cow families that the Moreys work with is Avonlea Mischief’s Magnolia SUP EX-92-4E, the 2016 Canadian Cow of the Year.
Read about Unique “If you’re not moving forward, you’re going backwards!” from our 2019 Fall issue
Unique once again had an outstanding classification round with classifier Paul Tree. A major highlight included FDL Colton Winter going EX-94 on her 3rd calf!
- 9 GP 84 2 year olds!
- 25 GP 82-83 2 year olds! (As Lee says “best replacements to have”)
- VIP Jury VG 87
- Applejack humour VG 86
- Roman Winter VG 86
- Applejack fireproof VG 86
- Willow Warrior VG 85
- Rufus Hipster VG 85
- Matt Firecracker VG 85
- Blitz Eggy VG 85
- Viceroy Jamie VG 85 owned with JF Cattle
- Mattador Amen VG 85
- Harris Vizorey VG 85
- Valergo Bibi VG 85
- Unique Tequila Helix VG 88
- Keupers Premier Dee 10 Ex 90
- Unique Scout Justice Ex 92 owned with JF cattle
- Redhot Matt Tesla Ex 92 (fresh a month, milking 55L at a 6.9% fat)