Budjon Farms has been an integral part of the Wisconsin Dairy landscape for years. John & Mary (since deceased) made the move to Lomira in the winter of 1998. Their son Tom, married Kelli (Tuman) in 2000, the same year he came home to the farm, and in 2003, Kelli came home to the farm full time, and she and Tom entered into a 50/50 partnership with John & Mary for the both the facilities and the cattle.
Over the last several years, they have completed several remodeling projects, featuring a new office building, maternity pens, milkhouse & hospitality/employee areas, along with a completely new calf housing area.
They’ve also created a success boarding business, working with AI Companies housing elite genomic animals, as well as respected breeders from around the country, housing their top-notch show animals.
Budjon is putting a new spin on their Summer internship program for 2021.
- Three month duration (May-August)
- Housing provided on the farm
- Hourly wage with adequate time off
- Team environment
- You may bring one of your own show cow or show heifer to the farm as part of the program (you pay all expenses to truck her to and from farm). Boarding will be FREE OF CHARGE for the summer
- OR if you are interested in purchasing a show individual from us for 2021-you will receive her at a discounted price & house her free of charge for the summer
- You will be able to work with Tom & Kelli on her management, set reasonable goals for her summer/fall show career and show her as a junior in whichever show desired.
- You will have full access to QnA sit down meetings with Tom on details regarding caring for Show Animals and getting them to the finish line.