Milk Specialties Global is honored to have been named the 2018 Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year.
The Exporter of the Year award is given annually to a U.S. dairy supplier that exemplifies leadership in advancing U.S. dairy exports, demonstrates a commitment to export market development, and makes exports an integral part of its overall growth strategy. Milk Specialties Global’s customer-centric approach has fueled dairy protein exports to 40 countries making them an industry-leading innovator in the dairy protein market for animal and human nutrition.
David Lenzmeier, CEO, accepted the award on behalf of Milk Specialties Global on October 16th at the USDEC Board of Directors and Annual Membership Meeting in Chicago. “We believe in dairy excellence. We’re proud to be a part of the dairy community, and we stand firmly behind our purpose to provide nutritional solutions to the world,” stated Lenzmeier. “It didn’t happen overnight. It all starts with people and continues with an ongoing high level of engagement. That’s what I’m happiest about. You can’t win this award without an entire team effort.”
“The company is firmly committed to U.S. dairy farmers and processors, recognizing the benefits dairy brings to American communities,” said Tom Benson, Executive Vice President, “It’s such a rewarding industry to be a part of, especially as dairy companies continue to work together and invest in dairy markets and exports.”
Several reasons were cited for the decision to choose Milk Specialties Global, including:
- Milk Specialties Global prides itself on a stated purpose of “providing nutritional solutions to the world”.
- Overseas employees are frequent participants in export activities, not only promoting their products, but also doing the same for U.S. dairy ingredients.
- Milk Specialties Global is the largest manufacturer of whey protein isolate in the world. And more than 70 percent of its carbohydrates business (permeate and lactose) is exported.
- The company exports to markets and regions that boast growing functional food and sports nutrition sectors, including Latin America, China, Southeast Asia, Europe, Mexico and Canada.
- Milk Specialties Global has exhibited at Food Ingredients Asia, Food Ingredients South America, IFT, Gulfood and other trade shows that put the company in touch with international customers.
- The company participates in U.S. Dairy Export Council activities, including a Milk Protein Mission several years ago to China and Japan, where the company introduced Milk Specialties Global products and promoted the U.S. dairy industry as a whole.
“Milk Specialties Global continues to invest in an international growth platform, helping to bring the benefits of U.S. dairy to consumers in other markets,” explains Jing Hagert, Director of Business Development.
“International exports are driven by consumer demand, and in Europe dairy powders continue to fuel the performance and active nutrition industry,” adds Jonathan Fox, Director of Business Development – EU and UK. “We are proud to be a part of such a dynamic marketplace.”
The Exporter of the Year award recognizes Milk Specialties Global’s business leadership that was made possible by dedicated teamwork throughout the organization. “We are dedicated to providing outstanding quality and service, and we will continue to act with speed, execution and passion to provide nutritional solutions to our customers,” adds Paul Lombard, Executive Vice President.
The award is named after the late Tom Camerlo, who served multiple terms as chairman of the USDEC board of directors. This year marks the 13th year for the Exporter of the Year awards program. Previous recipients include Sartori Co., Swiss Valley Farms, Agri-Mark and other dairy export standouts. The Exporter of the Year award is sponsored by USDEC and presented by Dairy Foods magazine.
Milk Specialties Global is changing the dairy export ingredients game by understanding its customers with a constant eye on what’s next. Contact us at www.milkspecialties.com/contact/