Cowmso welcomes Palmyra Farm, MD, to the Breeder Tour. Learn more about this exciting herd of Registered Ayrshires and Holsteins, who captured Grand Champion honors at the 2017 International Ayrshire Show with homebred favorite, Palmyra Berkely P Ruth.
1. What region, country is your farm from?
Palmyra Farm is located in Historic Western Maryland in the United States
2. Who are the owners of the farm and how long has the farm been operating?
Palmyra Farm is owned and operated by the Creek and Shank Families and is owned
by Ralph and Teresa Shank and Mike and Mary Creek
3. Number of Cows, number of Young stock & Breed?
Currently milk 185 cows (100 Ayrshires/80 Holsteins/ 5 Jerseys & Brown Swiss) there are approximately the same number of young stock as well as bulls raised for AI.
4. What is your farms Breeding objectives & considerations?
Palmyra Farm focuses on breeding an animal that will compete in the bulk tank as well as in the genetic and type arenas.
5. What Sires are currently being used on your farm?
We currently are using Palmyra Berkley Reagan, Palmyra Berkley, Sunny Acres Lochinvar, Dou Star Gentleman, De La Plaine Vicking, Forever Schoon Predator, Palmyra Reality Gibbs
6. Notable cow families that you are working with:
Palmyra Berkely P Ruth, Hazecroft Berkley Gabreilla, Palmyra Burdette Rayna, Palmyra Reality Bonnie, Forever Schoon Real Pretty
7. Any exciting spring sale or National Convention consignments:
We are selling a pick of embryo packages from World Dairy Expo Champion Palmyra Berkley P Ruth at the Tag Sale at old Bankston Ayrshires the end of March and we are selling a full sister to the Reserve All American Fall yearling in Milk at the National Sale in Branson Missouri at the National Convention sale.